It took me so long to fall asleep last night... and the night before, and the night before that. Any tips on getting over a strange case of insomnia? I've spent this past week at my grandparents' house in PA. It's been great (other than the not-being-able-to-sleep problem). Thanksgiving was a lot of fun, and miraculously I didn't end up overeating at all. But now I've been eating pumpkin pie a hundred times a day. Gym on Monday, that's for sure. I've spent a lot of time painting and drawing, finishing up my final art project. It's been fantastic. A little late but, Happy Thanksgiving! Vx
November 30, 2013
November 26, 2013
All links found on Pinterest board: Art
Here are some more drawings and painting that inspire me this week. Vx
[ If you're on your phone and can't see the pictures, scroll all the way down and look for the link that allows you to view the desktop version of the blog, not the mobile version. ]
Other Pinterest boards of mine...
November 25, 2013
Today I've partnered up to share some lovely items from Harrods. These are all examples of things we need – especially in the winter time. A dress, a coat, a sweater, a pair of black or tan ankle boots, and a handbag. I love all these items because they are so minimalistic. I chose to go with simplicity because all these pieces would be easy to wear. If I could choose to get one item, I think I'd go for the coat... I'm seriously crushing on the coat!
If you want to see more...
--- St John
--- Acne shoes
What are your essentials for the winter? Recently, Juliana, a lovely girl in my drawing class, asked me how many coats I have because it seems like I come with a new one every week, hahaha. Up here in Massachusetts, coats are wildly popular because if you don't have one, well, you die. And I especially love coats. Enjoy the winter! Vx
November 24, 2013
I haven't had the time to blog until now. I know it is late! But here is a new list of good links to check out. Enjoy! See you tomorrow. Vx
Books, Art, Music...
- 100 ideas that changed graphic design (it's also a book)
- On keeping notebooks
- My favorite TED Talk of all time
- Pinning up a storm on my Art Nouveau / Art Deco board! working on an art project where I need to draw inspiration from 1930s magazine covers and ads...
- find your purpose and do what you love
- stay sane!
- be happy: 12 things happy people do differently
- be productive: 12 things highly productive people do differently
Random stuff & clothing...
- Stuff no one told us
- Just bought these uber high rise jeans - they're so comfortable and classic!
- Also got this bodysuit - it's exactly what I've been looking for... finally, YES!
- I absolutely love Clarks. Everything in this section is to die for but these are the boots my grandmother got me as an early Christmas present. So in love.
- I fell for these Madewell loafers but definitely couldn't justify the price tag so when I found these similar ones at Old Navy today I went for it! Simple and pretty.
November 19, 2013
All links found on Pinterest board: Art
First, I do apologize to people on their phones. There's a big chance you don't see the pictures here using the mobile version. If you scroll all the way down and click 'normal' version ('computer', whatever it says, I don't quite remember!) you should be able to see the pictures. This only happens when I upload pictures from photobucket – I don't know why and it's not too high on my priority list of things to worry about. Zen, always.
These pictures are from my Art board on Pinterest. This semester, I truly loved taking Drawing I, and I'm thrilled about taking Painting I next semester! I thought I'd share some things that inspire me... Vx
Other Pinterest boards of mine...
November 17, 2013
Hello, hello and happy Sunday to you all. Here's another round of Sunday links for you. Do let me know if you try any of the recipes – I'd love to know how they turn out! x
I feel an urge to be uber-healthy and happy...
- coffee beats depression? What a wonderful thought. That and 14 other natural remedies from around the world.
- how to be mindful - the nine essential qualities... and 12 more tools for mindful living
- self Discipline - we all need it!
- 80 + uses for tea tree oil! let's try 'em
Some beauty/fashion stuff...
- these gorgeous models are rocking some amazing hairstyles
- nice fashion blog: 5 inch and up
- Drop waist dresses love: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Food you want to make...
- Delicious roasted carrots w/ honey, sage and garlic from Cannelle et Vanille
- The Minimalist Baker makes vegan pumpkin pancakes - yes please!
- Shaved cauliflower salad on a truly lovely blog: Happyolks
November 16, 2013
There are so many fashion blogs.. So so many. I check a couple regularly (ahem, still loving Native Fox) and then others from time to time just to see what's up. It's interesting to see what these people who work and live in fashion are wearing. Sometimes everything they are wearing is unbelievably expensive and I wonder how they do it. But I still go back...
One of the reasons is because you can tell that every piece they are wearing is of exquisite quality and I like that. They may be wealthy enough to buy new expensive things every week (or get it for free, as fashion bloggers do) but I'm not. And that's ok because I'm trying to be a minimalist now. And while that covers every other aspect of my life, it also covers fashion. So here are some thoughts:
- love: I want to love every item I buy. I love the Madewell jeans I bought recently because I needed them and they're incredibly comfortable.
- investment: Spending a little extra isn't a problem now. I'm done shopping at places like Forever 21. I want quality for my essentials (like jeans) and I won't be shopping often so it's ok.
TIP: I've stopped browsing clothing stores online and going shopping just for something to do. It's so much easier to resist if you don't put it right in front of your face. Just stop, you'll see.
TIP: Get to know yourself. Once you're on this shopping fast, go through all your belongings, think about yourself, try everything you own on and see how you feel, and - big tip - go on your Pinterest style board and go through every single pin, deleting things that aren't you anymore and noticing what remains. Keep mental notes. Ask yourself if you could really see yourself wearing that outfit. This will help you get rid of some things and stop yourself from making the same shopping mistakes.
November 15, 2013
hat: Galerie LaFayette • top: Kookai • jeans: Madewell • bag c/o Lodinatt • coat: Pull & Bear
I listen to a lot of Françoise Hardy these days. I listen to podcasts mostly. I wake up, go to class or the gym, think some thoughts, blink, and before I know it, it's nighttime and every hour seems to have gone by in a minute, and I'm not ready for bed because there's so much I want to do, but then I just overthink and get lost in all my different passions, and how much can one really accomplish alone when you need other people? and oh my god, why do I feel so full! but I want that cookie – and when, ooh when am I going to start blogging again instead of just cleaning my room, watching Law and Order SVU to calm the mind – thoughts should be dealt with though, and things can be done by me and just me. Just slow down and breathe. And enjoy the sunset, it's pink and would make for a beautiful watercolor painting. And smile like a goddamn idiot. Will you? Smile. Vx
November 13, 2013
[ Photos 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 ]
I love... the simplicity. The pieces that can almost scream "look at me" but are still comfortable and quiet. You can find more styles I like on my Style Pinterest board. I also love the Good People board, it's full of beautiful people - like the lovely Françoise Hardy. Vx
November 10, 2013
Hack your fitness... yes, yes, that sounds great!
If you like to manipulate people (let's be subtle, of course)
Loving Uniqlo - so many amazing clothing items!
Also loving Madewell - Love this, this, this, and oh my god this)
And Ace & Jig - my goodness! (This, this, this, and above all this)
All this wonderful art!
This looks so good! Matcha everything for me!
I hate how much I love food... This is mouthwatering.
November 5, 2013
November 4, 2013
November 1, 2013
I went to Boston two weeks ago with my mom. It was so much fun. My favorite part was probably going to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts... and eating the lobster roll. And everything we ate, yeah, not going to lie. It was a great weekend. So I thought I'd share some pictures from our time there. I write to you not from Smith College, but from Hartford, Connecticut. Representing the event committee at Smith, some of us are at the NACA convention looking for acts to bring to Smith next semester – my focus is on musicians, obviously. The Ballroom Thieves are here – I love hanging with them. Hey, if you know or love any small bands, let me know! I'd love to check them out and see if I can bring them to Smith. Vx