Let's start this post with a happy, silly photo. My apple dress, which I've yet to find the occasion to wear. But it's good for this happy little post, ain't it now. I started to read Leo Babauta's article "31 perfect things" and felt I had to make my own list. Reading his made my brain click as I realized that so many things – little things – are perfect in my life and in everyone's lives; we need so little more. How useful to remind ourselves about what is simply wonderful in our lives.
These are in no particular order, just things that come to mind as I write.
1. my family
2. my close friends
3. cheese (especially goat cheese)
4. coffee, coffee, coffee
5. BOOKS! Reading!
6. music. Listening to it, playing it, creating it
7. dance. Salsa is in my blood, but I also love ballet
8. working out
9. handwritten letters
10. art. Appreciating it, and doing it. I can't travel without my watercolors!
11. hugs hugs hugs
12. my new room in my new loft (and my wonderful housemates)
13. travel. Always
14. learning new things
15. mangos and coconuts!
16. eating something delicious but not over-indulging
17. our farm in Colombia
18. being totally captivated by what you're doing
19. fun & friendly dogs
20. sunlight coming through the windows & sunsets
21. cooking something nice
22. listening to podcasts
23. guitars (Martin & Gibson in my opinion)
24. realizing how little you need
25. giving things away to people who need them more
26. hard work & the satisfaction you get
27. gin (Hendrick's mostly)
28. laughing so hard your abs hurt
30. seeing someone you miss
I can't tell you how grateful I am for #12. Moving into the loft has been one of the best experiences ever. Oh and #27? Well, yes. Gin had to be in there somewhere ;)
That's my list. What's yours?